Mama Kat's Writers WorkShop - Smiling It's My Favorite!
This Week's Prompt: Aside from your kids, your husband, your coffee and your wine...
what makes you smile?
There are many little things that make me smile:
- I smile, when I see decadent desserts, as they call to me! I am very dear friends with my beloved sweets, and my dear husband knows that a cookie ice cream sandwich will almost always, wash away the stress of the day. There is a calm and release that just fills my soul when the fork passes my lips; when I devour cheese cake, key lime pie, or strawberry short cake. Joy on a fork, doesn't even begin to define the love I have for dessert.
- Holiday crafts make me grin ear to ear. I can remember working with my mom every year to make our own ornaments for our family. It is from those memories that my love for crafting grew! I could craft all the time if time and an open budget allowed! I have a never ending list of things that I want to craft, thanks to some really crafty friends and the blessing/curse of Pinterest. July isn't to early to start crafting for December holiday fun, is it?
- As a busy mom, the very idea of relaxation makes me smile! To devote personal time to myself has become a rare thing these days. Time curled up on the couch or a long shower without interruption, just sounds like heaven to me. As awesome as a manicure, pedicure, or massage sounds...I would just like to pee without someone pounding on the door! So, to devote time to relaxation, if even for thirty minutes, is just something to smile about.
- Mail and packages make me grin! I have always loved checking the mail box, and had several pen pals as a young girl. I love getting cards and letters, as it means someone took them time to sit down and write something by hand. In a world filled with social media, and smart phones; it is a treat to find a card in the mailbox. (Bills are not fun, so those do not count!) Packages bring a whole new level of excitement, as wonders are hidden inside of the box. Holidays and birthday mail is fun, but to find a surprise in the mail box any other time of the year is beyond awesome!
- Shoes surprisingly, make me smile. I never thought I would be one of "those," gals who love shoes. The funny thing is, that it has only been within the last five years that I have fallen in love with high heels. I love shopping, and selecting a fun, spunky, and cute pair of shoes! I never expected to have anything other than sneakers and flats, and now I love heels! When I try heels on in the store, I just squeal with excitement while a huge smile is spread across my face.