This Week's Prompts: List 8 things you're looking forward to OR list 8 things you're dreading about sending the kids back to school.
You might be tired of hearing it, but I am sending my son to Kindergarten. Here is my list of 8 things I am looking forward to as his very excited Momma!
- I look forward to Mikey, using the name Mike. He told us at registration to fill out all of his paperwork with "Mike," not Mikey, Michael, or Jr., but just Mike. A strong name and one that he will use the rest of his life.
- I look forward to the first time he will ride a school bus. For years he has excitedly exclaimed "School BUS!!! He is more excited about the bus, than actually starting Kindergarten.
- I look forward to the first time he brings home a paper with a sticker, smiley face, 100%, or an A, as I want him to know and understand how good it feels to be a great student.
- I look forward to him making friends, and the stories he will tell of what it is like to have a best friend.
- I look forward to seeing him flourish and grow. Nothing excites me more to know that he will learn so much in the next 10 months, that he will not be the same little boy by the end of June.
- I look forward to meeting his teacher, and seeing how she will impact his love of learning.
- I look forward to official school and class pictures, and the first day of school photographs!
- I look forward to seeing my little guy, fall in love with school and setting the example to his brother about why learning is fun and enjoyable!
I want to have a great year, but I am not the one who will decide that. This is the first time that my son will make choices on his own, and I know he can do it. As a family we will love and support him as he learns and grows so much this year. I want to celebrate his achievements, and support him with love and understanding when he struggles. I will be the first to jump into a project with enthusiasm, and will have to remind myself that it is his project, not mine. I know he can do this, but can I?
Am I ready to let go? Am I going to miss my little monster horribly? Will I bawl like a baby when I wave to him, as he walks into class? Will he tell me that he doesn't want me to hug or kiss him goodbye? Could I love this kid any more than I already do? Is it wrong to admit that I am nervous and worried? How on earth am I going to sleep the night before?